Located in the ITC: 3D-Printing is available to UW students, faculty , and staff on a first-come, first-served basis.
Steps to Use the 3D Printer
- Save 3D file(s) as a".stl" or ".thing" format,
- Provide Service Center technicians with desired finished size (in inches) and filament color (current colors: Blue, Purple, Gray, Translucent White),
- Files sizes of 20mb or smaller may be emailed to the email@example.com,
- Larger files need to be delivered to the ITC Service Center (ITC 160), M-F, 9am-4pm,
- Printing Charges are for time: $.75 per half hour, rounded to the nearest half hour ($1.50 per hour),
- After files are received printing time cost estimates will be provided based on desired finished object size and resolution.
- Printer uses ".makerbot" print file types,
- When creating projects, please consider that some assembly/cleanup will always be required,
- Use a 3-D CAD model from SolidWorks, Google SketchUp, or similar program, to create the ".stl" file required,
- Maximum build volume 9.9 x 7.8 x 5.9 inches,
- The material used is NatureWorks Polyactide Resin. The data sheet for the material can be found here: http://downloads.makerbot.com/filament/PLA+MSDS.pdf
- Print media colors may include: black, white, clear, gray, orange, green, yellow, blue, and purple.
For more information about the current installed 3D-Printer: Makerbot Replicator (5th Generation), click http://store.makerbot.com/replicator.