Duplex Printing costs
|# of pages
All things Printing
What printing services are available?
Student Computer Lab Printing
- Each semester all enrolled students who have domain accounts are
provided a $7.50 print credit.
Faculty and staff do not receive a printing allotment, but can
purchase print credit in the Information Technology Center as described
- The $7.50 credit is provided to enrolled students before the start of classes for each semester.
- For the Fall 2019 semester the increases will be processed on the following dates:
- Friday 8/30
- Tuesday 9/3
- Friday 9/6
- Thursday 9/12
- Tuesday 9/17
- For the Spring 2020 semester the increases will be processed on the following dates:
- Friday 1/24
- Tuesday 1/28
- Friday 1/31
- Thursday 2/6
- Tuesday 2/11
For the summer session the enrollment status is generally evaluated every two weeks, and quotas are given to newly enrolled students.
- If the student does not use the entire $7.50 during that
semester, any amount remaining will be rolled over to the next
semester and added on to the quota.
- The $7.50 received each semester for
printing is not actually money that is deposited into any account.
It is the monetary representation of 150 free black and white pages
provided to enrolled students each semester. Since money is not
deposited, no refunds are provided, and the credit cannot be
transferred from one student account to another.
- If the student uses the entire amount and needs to continue to
print, the student is able to pay for additional print quota though
the Print Quota Increase utility
or go to the pay station located in the Information Technology
Center computer lab.
The prices for printing are:
- Black & White laser printing: $.05 per page for single sided prints
- When using duplex printing to print on both sides of the page, additional pages are charged at a reduced rate, which averages 7 cents per page. It is important to note
that the utility used to monitor and charge printing always rounds duplex prints up to even numbered pages. This causes a 1 page print to be read as 2 pages,
or a 7 page print to be read as 8 pages.
Print Quota Utility
Using the UWStudent Print Quota Increase Utility, students can agree to be billed for increases to their UWStudent print balance instead of paying for print quota increases in advance.
Go to Print Quota Utility
This service allows you to print to select lab printers across campus through a web browser, Android App or an iOS App.
More info for Mobile Printing
3D-Printing is available to UW students, faculty , and staff on a first-come, first-served basis.
See 3D Printing information